Today everyone wants to know which app is better for the chatting. There is a large number of chatting apps available in the app store, but only a few of them got popular because of their unique features which is attracting increased number of users day by day. For example: WhatsApp, Line, WeChat, Facebook Messenger, and Groupme. WeChat is the most used messaging app in China. But it couldn’t succeed in India because of a huge competition from WhatsApp, and it failed to wow Indian users mostly because users prefer the simple interface of like WhatsApp. So it almost left the race in India. On the other hand, Indian company Hike is still fighting to become competitor for WhatsApp.
Hike is having a similar interface of WhatsApp. Smart features of Hike include:
- Two way option: It means you can add or accept the contacts before you message and also it has some security protection that prevents from the unwanted messages from strangers, which WeChat doesn’t have.
- App size (iOS and android): The size Hike app is also small compared to WeChat.
- End to End encryption: End-to-end encryption protects data between two users and make sure that only the receiver can access the unencrypted information from the sender.
- Send free SMS: By using Hike messenger, you can send free SMS for any number.
- Even the app receives messages offline: Even when mobile data is off, the receivers can get messages, but it is not available in WeChat.
Recent news of Hike:
The hike has raised a fund of $175 million from China’s Tencent Holdings Ltd and Taiwan’s Foxconn Technology Group, accompanied by Tiger Global, Bharti Enterprises and SoftBank Group. Hike has joined unicorn list after being valued at $1.4 billion. According to a source, this fund raising will help Hike improve the app and increase team to compete with WhatsApp in India.
Hike recently introduced 10+ new features like hiding chats, over 5000+ stickers, free group calls with up to 100 people in a single click, new chat themes, instant cricket updates, sticker suggestion as you type, maximum 1000 members and multiple admins. You can even share files without internet, you can get loves for photos which you post on timeline, easy search in shared content, free voice call and many more. There are many mobile application development companies in noida, India adopting Hike’s new features.
One of the disadvantages of Hike over WhatsApp is that WhatsApp can be accessed through web based app. The user base of Hike is also less compared to WhatsApp. WhatsApp has users all over the world, but Hike’s 95% users are in India, so Hike needs to extend its operations globally become competitor for WhatsApp.
However, we could soon see Hike will do what WeChat couldn’t in India.
So which one do you prefer Hike or WhatsApp! Let me know in the comments below. If you want to suggest some more features for Hike, you can share it in the comment section.
Want to develop WhatsApp or Hike like chat app?
Let us develop you a trend-setting chat app. We are FuGenX Technologies, a Deloitte award-winning android and iPhone app development company in gurgaon and Ahmedabad, India. We develop superior quality messaging apps for iOS and Android platforms.
Reach us at www.fugenx.com for best-in-class chat app development services and solutions.